Business Development Director
Posted 11 months ago
The Business Development Director effectively identifies and pursues new and existing business opportunities while enhancing relationships with existing clients, keeps abreast of industry trends, competitors’ services and acquisitions, and works in conjunction with leadership to develop and respond to new and existing business development opportunities. The Business Development Director will develop short and long-term BD strategies within their assigned territory and/or account list. The Director, Business Development, will enter all client information into recruit and other company systems and will work effectively with all internal functions to drive sales.
- Introduce and maintain long-term client relationships resulting in the expansion of client base
- Directly implement initiatives to help build awareness of Advanced Clinical capabilities and services
- Discover immediate needs of target market through leads and follow-ups, executing internal and external initiatives to drive bookings and profitable growth
- Use of prospecting tools, sources of industry information, referral networks, and personal relationships to directly research, target, and approach new business opportunities. Must be comfortable “cold calling” and strategically prospecting within new accounts.
- Support direct sales by creating and participating in sales meetings, presentations, and the Proposal process
- Schedule meetings with current and potential clients at industry meetings and trade shows and generate associated follow up
- Track and monitor adherence to the client contracting process
- Work collaboratively with all functions that support Business Development, inclusive of proposals, legal, finance, and all functional leadership, promoting a team-selling environment
- Adhere to Advanced Clinical employee handbook and SOP’s
- Adhere to strict code of confidentiality as it relates to study subjects, sponsors, physicians, and policies and procedures of Advanced Clinical
- Provide excellent customer service to all parties involved in the clinical study process
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business or healthcare related field
- 3-5 years of business development experience within a CRO and or clinical trials environment
- Experience across CRO, FSP, and Staffing business development with the ability to understand the differences in sales cycles and customer interactions
- Consultative and collaborative approach when dealing with customers and internal team members
- Present a professional company image and presence
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills with ability to effectively communicate and sell his/her ideas at all levels. Listens well and seeks input from others.
- Proven ability to generate new ideas, processes, and strategies to improve the department and ensure the success of sales for the company
- Knowledge of the industry, inclusive of competitors
- Computer skills including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook