Responsible for acting as a finance team business partner, working with other departments within the organization, to ensure the accuracy of accounting records, assisting in the compilation of forecasting/budgeting, and performing results analysis’ for management review.
- Review all clinical agreements, including but not limited to CRO contracts, consultant contracts, protocols, investigator clinical trial agreements, laboratory service providers and supporting technology platforms.
- Review Purchase Orders for completeness
- With oversight, perform month-end close responsibilities including posting journal entries to the general-ledger and performing account reconciliations.
- Analyze the sufficiency of accrued liability account balances
- Review vendor requests for payments against contracts and work performed.
- Monitor and communicate spend/expense recognition against open purchase orders.
- Prepare monthly results packages (i.e. budget-to-actual analysis, trending analysis, etc.)
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of accounting systems and other technology platforms and improvements.
- Other projects as deemed appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent required, Advanced degree or training a plus, (CPA, MBA, Certificates.)
- Solid understanding of drug development and clinical operations; well-versed in understanding clinical service provider budgets and associated payment terms.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Excellent internal customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task/ prioritize and time management of daily activities
- Intermediate to advanced software skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrates high level of accuracy and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to work in a goal and team-oriented setting.
- Well-developed organizational skills and the ability to thrive under pressure